Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We will be heading out bright and early (well probably so early that it won't be bright yet...) to go to Josiah's parent's house.
SOME of the many things I have to be thankful for this year....
1. Dillon's life being spared about two weeks ago when his oxygen levels dropped to 28%! Dillon is a reminder of how much our children are not in our hands, but in the Lord's. God could have easily taken him home that night, but He still has a purpose for my sweet little boy.
2. We have been taking a class at church every Wed night called "Growing Kids God's Way". It is excellent! I decided last week to start teaching JayDonn to obey me the first time (we are a LONG way away from it, but we are working on it!) Last Thursday JayDonn was helping me cook dinner like he normally does. He knows the stove is hot and not to touch but he was on a stool and leaned to reach for something and put his right hand on the burner that had been red hot only 2-3 minutes before. I saw it happen and threw his hand under cold water. I then put him on the floor with a container of cold water and told him to keep his hand in it so I could go find some homeopathic remedies and call my Dad to see what else I could do. He didn't want to keep it in so I looked at him and said "JayDonn, OBEY Mommy!" And he did! He kept his hand in the water for 2 hours! But he only has 4 small blisters that are healing great. We are keeping gauze on it to keep it clean but it is healing so nice. I really think if he wouldn't have obeyed it would have been a lot worse. So I am thankful for this class that is helping me be the Mommy I need to be so I can protect him.
3. I am thankful for God's blessings and provisions. Josiah just accepted a new job that he will be starting on Dec 9. I know a lot of people are out of work right now so I don't understand it... but God is providing for us. The job does have a pay increase and what looks to be better health insurance. Josiah really liked where he has been working but we were praying that God would close the doors if He did not want us to take this job. It looked like it might close as we were waiting for several days to get in writing that my pregnancy and Dillon's conditions would be waived from their 12 month exclusion for pre existing conditions. They were able to get it in writing to us though!
4. I am thankful another chapter of our lives, that I can't go into detail on, is finally finished. God's timing is perfect. This along with Josiah's new job could not have been timed better if we planned it! I praise the Lord for the Christians who generously gave of their time to help us through this chapter.
5. I am thankful for my family. I look at the world around us and see what a mess sin can make of lives. I am thankful for my wonderful, loving husband. I can't believe how God has blessed me with such a man to be my friend and husband. I am thankful for Dillon... well what can I say about all that God has done in my life through that little boy? I am thankful for Jay. He is teaching me a whole other set of lessons that Dillon can't! But he also brings such joy to my life. I am thankful for this sweet baby that I haven't been able to meet yet. I am thankful the baby seems healthy. I am thankful for parents who love us and sacrifice to help us as much as they can. For brothers and sisters that we can call and talk to and ask for help and advice.
6. I am thankful that I can have peace of knowing what the future brings. No, I don't know what tomorrow brings...but I do know what eternity brings! I am thankful I know where my eternity will be and Who I will be with. I am thankful I know peace from the Lord from having trusted Him with my soul. I am thankful that the God of the Universe loves me enough that He literally died on a tree for ME.
There is much to be thankful for. This list doesn't even include a lot of the "little" things that we take for granted (being American, having medical equipment/insurance, having a home, having food, Internet, phones, etc.) My mother in law told me if I am discouraged to think of 10 or 20 things every day that I can be thankful for. I haven't ever formally written the list but there is certainly enough to pick from!
What about you? Anyone who wants to share some of what you are thankful for I would love to read them!