Friday, November 28, 2008
Bolded are the things AI have done:
1. Started your own blog Back in 04 with Josiah
2. Slept under the stars My family used to go camping a lot - although I was under a tent - same difference
3. Played in a band In 7th grade I joined band played a little with them and didn't learn a thing!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity Does Faith promise count? If so I did this and it was amazinf how God provided it every time so I guess I really COULD afford it...
7. Been to Disneyland/world I was 13, we went to go visit my natural grandma. We had only met her one time before this - my mom is adopted
8. Climbed a mountain In Alaska when my sister and I went to seee some friends
9. Held a praying mantis We had a couple in our house last year
10. Sang/played a solo The only solo I have ever sung was at my sister's graduation party - I sang "Friends are freinds forever"
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables Tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in Franc
e20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight Of course! Also a lot of water fights!
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort Of course - we lived near Pittsburgh when I was little so we had lots of snow!
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - The year Josiah and I were engaged we sat outside on his birthday (December 14th) and watched the sun rise together. How romantic - and cold!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person Several times - my family used to go there for my sister's birthday
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community Yup many times, my grandparents used to have a camp for Missionaries in an Amish community so I would spend the week with them - even been on a horse and buggy ride. Plus we live about 30 minutes from one so we have been there many times.
36. Taught yourself a new language Does Medical language count? If not - then no.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied When I was single and didn't have kids to worry about, I would work and save and I was just fine.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing Sort of - Josiah and I went to Cooper's Rock in August there are tons of huge rock to climb on - I don't think that is what this meant. But I have done rock climb walls....
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - two times people have done this for US because of Dillon though...
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight We went to NC when I was a teen and my sister and I and our friends would go out walking
46. Been transported in an ambulance 3 times with Dillon I think, Josiah went once with him
47. Had your portrait painted Does the character things at amusement parks count? If so I think I was 14 for it.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person5
0. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain Of course!
53. Played in the mud Where we lived growing up the court yard in between town houses was low in the middle so we would run and slide and see who could go the farthest!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie Only a couple of times, the last one was before I got saved or right after
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business EcoQuest - failed. Pre-Paid Legal - failed. Tiffany's Treats - doing well. I sell about 3-4 cookies everyday after school!
58. Taken a martial arts class My dad taught us some when we were younger
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies yup. I love thin mints and samolias (sp?)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason My husby is so sweet - if you go back on my blog you will see the ones he sent me for no reason. He did buy me some about 2 weeks ago too!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check Don't remind me!!!
68. Flown in a helicopter I NEED to do this before the time may come that Dillon needs to go by helo or they won't let me go with him!!!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy Maybe it would be better written sav ed childhood TOYS
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt A neighbor lady when I was growing up in PA used to do this and she let us help her sometimes
73. Stood in Times Square Yup I was pregnant with Dillon and this was the time when Ezra and Gina got engaged!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Sorry Josiah - yes I have been on a speeding motorcycle. Thankfully he doesn't normally speed - when I am on it.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - I am working on that right now!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper I am sure it was in there a few times for school choir, play honor society those types of things
85. Read the entire Bible Not as many times as I would have liked
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life I think there have been many occasions where Dillon would have died already...
90. Sat on a jury I wanted to and was called for it but they didn't make me because Dillon was about 3 months old
91. Met someone famous I shook President Bush's hand, and talked for a minute or two with Mrs. McCain, and for my older readers I think his name was Gorgeous George. (Grandpa - is that right?) I can't think of anyone else.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one I have two little sisters in Heaven. Danielle (would be18 years old - still born at 6 or 7 months) and Katharina (would be 16 lived born at 2 pounds something lived only 2 days)
94. Made a baby Two beautiful Boys. Well God made them and He made them both perfect!
95. Seen the Alamo in person Last Christmas after Ezra and Gina's wedding right before we were flying back home
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit We are still in process with the law suit over what happened with Dillon's birth
98. Owened a cell phone I have! My first one was when I was about 16, I currently don't have one though - costs too much since I don't use it that often
99. Been stung by a bee Ouch! Haven't been stung since I was little though.
There that was fun. 42 of the 99 and I'm only 23! Maybe I can accomplish this whole list before I get too old. (I'll skip the skinny dipping and the killing and eating an animal though!) We are at Mom and Dad K house. Mom K is working, Hannah is working, Dad, Josiah and Jay went to the store, waiting for Dad and Mom S to arrive in a few hours - so I had a minute to do this. It is just Dillon and I making (late) lunch.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Josiah and I were sitting at the dining room table and we looked over to see JayDonn feeding Dillon his yellow pepper. It was so cute!
Here he is. I don't think Dillon liked the pepper too much!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Thank you for all the wonderful, encouraging comments left on my blog and emailed to me about Dillon crawling. Let me show you another little "step" in the right direction.... (Don't mind Jay without his pants on - he is too skinny! He literally crawled out of them as he went up the steps right before this video! I think he needs to get a little chunkier!)
Blogger seems to be having trouble playing videos - you can go here to see it on youtube if it doesn't play for you.
Pretty cool, huh? All I can say is PLEASE KEEP PRAYING! I am doing all I can to pray and work with Dillon. God is the only One who can allow our work to continue making progress in Dillon. When we started this program I said that I didn't think he would ever be able to move around or learn to walk or even creep, all I wanted was for his vison to improve so he could communicate with it. Well, we have a long way to go with his vison - but we are seeing improvement all across the board!
I want to especially thank my nurse Robin, the teen girl S, and Mrs B who have been working with us.
Robin drives 50 miles each way and was offered a job in her own neighborhood but turned it down because she wants to help Dillon and believes we will see him crawl across the floor one day if we keep working. She never complains about all the work, she is always encouraging to Dillon and me. (And Jay is her best buddy. He loves that she brings him lunch almost everyday! :-D ) THANK YOU ROBIN!
S has been coming everyday after school for three hours. She could be out hanging out with friends or doing any number of other things, but is willing to come here to help with Dillon and Jay. We have been patterning for a long time, but only with two people. The key to a lot of these sudden changes, I believe, is because we finally found someone to help so we could have 3 people everyday and do it right. S I don't know what I would do without your help, THANK YOU S!
Mrs B Thank you for being so willing to work around our schedule to help us when we need you most. Thank you for being willing to drive a little distance to come every week, we need your help and are grateful for you. THANK YOU MRS.B!
Friday, November 07, 2008
This is a video of Jay talking to Grandpa and Grandma K tonight on the phone. He walks all around when talking and stops to let Dillon hear. He gave Dillon a few kisses too. He talks to Grandpa and Grandma K weekly and Grandma S daily. He LOVES the phone - no matter who I am talking to he thinks it is for him. Crazy boy!
Thursday, November 06, 2008
I am still crying as I type this, Thank you Lord!!!
People keep asking me if our hours of working with Dillon are working, check out these videos that I just took a few minutes ago!!!
Blogger is having trouble playing the video, if you would like to see it and it doesn't work, please click here to see it on youtube.
Again, if you have trouble playing video click here to watch it on youtube.
HE IS MOVING! Actually MOVING himself down the ramp!
ISN'T OUR GOD GOOD?!
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
People were jumping in their cars and driving all around all the while yelling F*** McCain. Which in case you don’t know, we are the only ones on our block openly supporting McCain. After having our house egged twice on Thursday night and having a teen say he was going to burn our house down, I am not surprised at the method in which people choose to celebrate.
Josiah and I started taking down all our McCain signs. Let’s face it; I am happy a black man could be put into the highest office in our nation. That says a lot for our country and how far it has come. It is just that I cannot support a man who stands for everything the Bible stands against. People are walking by saying “My President is Black!” and “Obama, Obama, Obama 08”. If you don’t know what Obama stands for and what the Bible stands for, I understand their joy.
While I will not endorse President Barack Hussein Obama, we must honor him as the man God allowed to be in leadership over us and most importantly we must pray for him. Josiah told me he remembers praying every night for President Clinton when he was in office. Every time an important bill came to him Josiah and his family would pray he would make the right decision, he never did, but they still prayed. This is what I want JayDonn to learn. He must pray for the people in leadership, complaining won’t change them but prayer could. He has to obey the laws of man, as long as they do not contradict the laws of God, and respect the men in leadership even if we don’t agree with them.
I am reminded of the song that has the lyrics, “I’ve read the back of the book and He wins!” Let’s not forget this; we are going to be in for hard spiritual times in the near future. We may face what other countries are facing in losing our right to preach openly the gospel and the Bible, we will most surely face God’s wrath as the country legalizes more deaths of innocent babies, but let’s not forget – God has already won it is just a matter of time!
Matthew 24:36 “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
Matthew 24:42 “Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.”
Mark 13:32 “But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.”
The last verse in the Bible says, “He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
Come quickly, Lord Jesus, come quickly!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Thanks for passing the prayer requests along.
We are getting ready to head back up there to see him. They were treating him for asthma. Sounds like he has a little bit of his aunt in him. :) When we arrived at the hospital...the one with the peds unit that takes his insurance is 45 minutes away... he had very bad expiatory breathing, His whole stomach was sinking in to take a breathe and he could be heard acrossed the room wheezing. It was so pathetic. Every other time, we have been able to treat him at the doctor office level for this. But as you know each attack can get worse quicker with asthma. We are sure what set it off that this point.
Anyhow, when we arrived at the hospital, they gave him a double treatment then two more normal ones back to back. When they got him to a room, they gave him more and then, it was so late, we left the room so he could get some sleep, he WASN"T going to go to sleep with us there, he kept sitting up and standing in the crib waving at us! :) We hadn't eaten at that point so we went down to the cafe, while we were gone they decided to put an IV in. Which the nurse was so excited that he still liked her after wards and didn't even hit her. Daddy would have held him if we were there, but they said he did wonderful. There was no way I could stay there last night, without risking the other baby, so we talked to the nurse she said they were only going to wake him for treatments and let him sleep the night. I just recently talked to the nurse, so we getting ready to head up there, he is awake and ready to eat. But I know his schedule is is probably already asleep again, so we should be there when he gets up again...for the day.
So that is where we stand as of now, the nurse said he is responding very well to the treatments, and should be able to go home this afternoon.
Gotta get going,
Thanks for prayer and passing it along,
Monday, November 03, 2008
My older sister is pregnant - due Christmas day. She was in the hospital from Friday until this morning because her contractions came back. She has had them before and is on medicine to stop them but was still having some. She still has about 8 weeks left till her due date. Her son was born about 5 weeks early, so good chance this one will come early too. Please pray for her to be able to carry this baby as long as possible.
Also, her husband is sick and has a fever. To top it all off, her 13 month old son has the high fever too and is having trouble breathing so he was admitted this afternoon to the hospital. They said they will keep him tonight and possibly tomorrow night. All I know is that they are giving him breathing treatments and he does have an IV. My sister is having more contractions tonight too.
I know they would appreciate your prayers for them at this time. We know how hard it is to watch your precious baby struggle to breathe and be in the hospital all the while being pregnant. It is stressful to say the least - so please do remember them in prayer.
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Dillon's night nurse called off Thursday night and for tonight, she was sick. His nurse for the other nights has been coming though. Tomorrow will be hard since Thursday night I was up about 40 times with him. One of his day nurses quit this week. She didn't like the drive (the one that was 24 miles away quit - the one coming 50 miles each way is still with us). So we will be without a day nurse for 2 days a week most of November then in December our nurse, Robin, will start doing all 5 days! We also have a 15 year old girl from the neighborhood coming everyday after school to help with Dillon's patterning. Mrs B from church is coming one day a week too. It is all going to work out perfect in December! Robin needs to leave early one day a week, so that is the day Mrs B. will come and we can pattern during the day. The other four days Robin will be here till 6 and the neighbor girl can come from 3-6. Perfect! What a blessing!
Ok, so Daddy made me laugh right when he took the picture, but we were resting together.
JAYDONN - he is a crazy little man. But he has such compassion as I have never seen in a 1.5 year old before. He is constantly rubbing Dillon's head, grabbing a towel and wiping his mouth off, trying to put Dillon nasal oxygen tube back in if it slips out of place. He kisses Dillon's head all the time and tries to get Dillon to lift his head when on his belly by "lifting" it for him. He is starting to learn to clap for Dillon when he is on the ramp. If Josiah and I are not fast enough when Dillon's monitor goes off, Jay will go running over, get down and look at the machine and then is even starting to push the mute button. I cannot believe what a big help he is and how much he truly loves his big brother. Dillon is so blessed to have him as a little brother! JayDonn is also cutting more teeth and is learning to be silly. He loves to say "uh-oh" if he drops something or if I am holding him (he wants me to say "spaghetti-o" and then throw him in the air or pretend to drop him!)
Well, Jay has been napping long enough - I have to go get him up so that's all the update for now!
Here I am with my first chocolate covered pretzel! (You know - just in case it becomes a big hit and I become a franchise I have the very first pretzel!)
Then I ate it!! (Had to taste test, of course!)
2 for $0.75 (Soon I will start the gourmet ones which will be 2 for $1.25 or $1.50 - not sure yet how much it will cost me since I haven't made them)