Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A good message

I wanted to write this on Sunday - but forgot. The message was wonderful Still, however I wanted to share it with you. In service Pastor talked about the prayer of Christ right before He went to the cross. Now remember, Christ was PERFECT He never sinned, not once! Yet right before He was about to go to the cross to die for you and I He said (Matt 26: 39), "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:" This touched my heart so much. You see - it isn't sin for me to be asking God to take away this situation (Dillon's problems) from me. It isn't wrong to go to God and say "Lord I don't want to do this, please take it away." I have started to feel guilty about asking God to take it away, but even Christ asked for His sufferings to be taken away. However - and this is the important part - the verse doesn't end with that. The rest of the verse says, "nevertheless not as I will, but as thour wilt." It is not sin for me to ask God to just take this all away, that I would wake up one morning and Dillon would be healed. There is sin, though, if the rest of my prayer isn't, "but Lord if that isn't Your will I accept whatever Your will is." How encouraging this was to me!

No comments: