Monday, February 04, 2008

Saturday for Self

Friday night and Saturday Josiah gave me off! He suctioned, fed, gave medicine, played with, changed all diapers, and did Dillon's Home school program. It was so nice! I went out to the health food store, then I went to Christopher's and Banks to get Mrs. Y a get well present (I found a nice blue skirt for her). I also got myself a new skirt (brown)! Then I spent the rest of the day enjoying a wonderful time of fellowship at Mrs Y's house. It was a break I needed. I love my husband so much. He did a wonderful job with the boys. He did all of Dillon's program and even a little more. Did I mention that it was WONDERFUL to have a break?!

I did want to say Happy Birthday to my sister. Her birthday was Saturday (And so is our Aunt's...I tried to email you but I must have the wrong email address)
Happy Birthday to you both!

I don't think I have told you, Dillon has two more teeth - he is up to 6 now. He got the other two about 2-3 weeks ago now.

Here is a poem I saw:

I Asked God

I asked God to take away my pain.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away,
but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole,
his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings.
Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings
you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life,
so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me love others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

I thought that was pretty good and wanted to share it with you. Dillon has been having a lot of trouble with breathing. I am pretty sure his drug to dry up his secretions is behind the problems so I am not giving it to him anymore. I have to see how he does without it to see if it is in deed the cause. I HATE how doctors put you on a drug for problem A and that drug causes problems B and C so you have to go on another drug to treat B and C and then that new drug causes side effects D, E, and F, etc. My goal is to treat Dillon with the most natural, safest remedies possible. Thank you for praying. I don't like always ending my posts with a prayer request - but I know the people who read this will be praying anyways so I might as well give you the specific things to pray for. I hope people know we do not take your prayers lightly...

  1. Nurses! We still need nurses 4 days a week.
  2. Strength in breathing for Dillon
  3. Wisdom as we figure out what is causing the problems
  4. Wisdom in knowing the best treatment methods for Dillon (drugs, homeopathic remedies, etc.)

No comments: