Monday, March 03, 2008

What's up?

"What's up?" Dillon's head! Ok, not a very creative joke, I know. Saturday night Dillon had his head up for about 30 minutes with only putting it down for a few seconds at a time. He did WONDERFUL! He also turned his head when Josiah came into his room and said something like "Good boy Dillon!" He turned towards Josiah! Grandma Y said she thought she saw him turn his head to her voice as well. He is really doing well. He was up on his fists with his arms full extended and his head all the way up. I was SOOO HAPPY! Praise the Lord! God is so good!

(Sorry no pictures, I can't find my camera - would you pray that I could find it please?)

Then today I was teaching Jay his words and his "church" words he was excited to read (these are new words that he has only seen once or twice before). He crawled right over and was smiling. Then a few minutes later when we were reading the "doctor" words (anything medical basically) and he wouldn't look at me. So I held the word "van" (we always go in the van to appointments) in my left hand and the word "nurse" in my right. I asked him "Jay, where's nurse?" He actually reached out and touched the word nurse! Then I put "doctor" in my left hand and "medicine" in my right and asked "Where's doctor?" He reached out and touched doctor. (Notice the correct words were in different hands, he was not just reaching for the closest, he KNEW the words!) This is why he wouldn't look at me when I was teaching them to him because he already knows them!
I also had him play the note G on the piano today and gave him the option between D and G and asked which one he played. He reached for the G!! He is learning! It is amazing how God created babies to be so capable of learning if only we adults would quit treating them like they are dumb and help them learn! (I include myself in that as I would never have known how smart babies are if it weren't for the lectures we attended to help us with Dillon.)

I made my program with Dillon even more time consuming (Go ahead tell me I'm crazy, but if you could see Dillon and see the improvement you wouldn't tell me anything other than do more!) so any ways I need to get busy!! Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord.

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
Psalm 139:14

Love and prayers, Dad and Mom K.

Anne said...

You are crazy:o), but it is SO worth it! I was very excited to read that Dillon lifted his head up for so long:o).