- My wisdom teeth are healing and I am not in pain any more!
- We were able to join Valley Forge Baptist Temple a few weeks ago!
- Josiah's sister and then his parents were able to spend some time with us!
- Dillon's volunteers have been coming faithfully and are such a blessing to our family!
- Dillon's Nurse has been the most faithful nurse we have ever had, she is so sweet. We love her so much!
- We have heard back from China about the stem cells - they got my first application and are going to tell me what other medical records they need for Dillon to be able to get stem cells!
- My parents arrived in from Ohio yesterday. My dad is leaving on Sunday and my Mom will be staying with us for 4-6 weeks. My mom is here to help with the kids as Dillon's court case is planning to start on April 27 and last two to three weeks. It is going to be an emotional time and hard to hear everything rehashed in detail again. I have "lived" that day so many times since then, but this will be a lot. The court may get put back a little - we should know on Monday. Please do be praying for the outcome of this as well as Josiah and I as we attend everyday!
- Dillon was approved for his medical bed! There is one little thing holding it up but I am praying we should get it in a week or two.
- Dillon was given a 30 day trial of a new machine called the vest. It arrived yesterday! I have a video of it below. It does chest PT to help break up secretions. If at the end of 30 days the doctor and I think it is helping the company will help get the insurance to approve it.
WE HAVE ABOUT HALF OF THE MONEY NEEDED FOR DILLON'S TRIP TO CHINA FOR STEM CELLS PLEDGED!What is faith? I was asking my self this earlier this week. I was asking how do I have faith? Is it a feeling? Or is it a decision? Is it something I can just say "I'm going to do this!"? I was thinking of the verse in Mark 9:24 that says "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." So if unbelief is something to be helped, then it must be something we can decide to do. It was easy for me to have faith that God would bring in the money when I thought it would only be about 6,000 but then when we did research and decided the cleanest, best place to go was China and that he would get 4 times as many treatments, but that it would also cost 4X as much - I didn't have faith. I had enough faith to believe in 6K but not enough faith to believe in 25K. I kept thinking to myself, what fund raiser can I do? I need to do this one, AND that one, AND this and that, etc. if I am going to get enough money. But then I just kept ending with, "Lord! I CAN'T do this! I can't raise the money! Only You can do this Lord, I have to depend only on You!"
Josiah kept telling me to just do what I need to do, that God will provide the money. I decided he was right! I ordered Dillon's birth certificate and got it on Thursday. We also went to CVS on Thursday to get photos for passports. I just have to schedule a time to go apply for the passports now. But as soon as I started to put ACTION behind my faith - God moved! You see, on Tuesday one of my volunteers asked a friend of hers if he could help us fund raise some money. On Thursday she called and told me he had several thousand, yesterday she called and told me he raised even more!
I guess I am learning that faith is a decision you have to make, and that when you really have faith there will be actions behind it. When God sees our faith He moves! And as the verses in Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us," Thank you if you are praying for God to provide this money for us to be able to try stem cell therapy with Dillon. Please keep praying, God is answering your prayers! I am so glad to be able to share some of our blessing with you since I know so many of you go to the Lord in prayer on our behalf everyday!
The Vest that Dillon just got yesterday! It seems to help him cough up thick yellow stuff - which is good because it means that stuff is no longer sitting in his lungs!
JayDonn wearing an outfit Aunty Hannah bought him!