Friday, July 08, 2011

Dillon's first days of School

Dillon's first day!

Sitting with all his supplies waiting for the bus to come. This is what he has to have with him every day. This does not include the nurse's stuff and her lunch bag!

Our little boy is growing up!!!

Don't let the smiles fool you, we were both sad to see him get on the bus!

The big boy!

Here's the bus!



Being strapped in, just like in our van

They're taking my baby away!!!!!!!!!!!!
He actually did very well on his first day. He could do his stander or get his PT or OT because of paperwork not being done on time, but he didn't get upset of have seizures or anything. The night before he left I kept whispering to him that if he did horrible he would get to stay home with me.... I don't think he wants to!

Jay was sad that he didn't get to see Dillon get on the bus since he was still sleeping so he asked me to wake him up from his nap so he could see Dillon get off the bus. I told him he would have to go to bed early if he wanted me to do that. Normally he goes to sleep around 2 and Dillon was due to be home around 3:30. So right after lunch, about 12:30, he willingly went to bed. We waited outside for the bus to come....

While we waited he kissed the baby - I don't know why I look HUGE in this picture, I'm really not THAT big!!
Jay was so happy to see Dillon come home!


Dillon's second day went well too. He was cooing during circle time and during the tactile time. His nurse is so sweet and sends me one or two messages during the day to let me know how he is doing so I won't worry. Maybe he has an independent streak in him like my other two and likes to finally do something on his own! I don't know but so far he seems to enjoy it. It will be interesting to see if he likes it once his therapies start and they make him "work!" He won't be able to go on Tuesday because he has a neurology appointment that has been scheduled for about 8 months!

Thank you everyone for praying for me. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be so I know people were praying for me! I had a peace that I didn't think I would have. It was weird without him but I was okay. I am dealing with mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed having the time to talk more with Jay (normally I talk a lot with the nurse so he got my full attention) but I feel bad about liking the time without him. I know Jay feels the same confusion as I do from things he has said. Even though he hasn't voiced it in this way I can tell he is feeling it. The second day he was excited to get Dillon off the bus again because, as he said, "I love Dillon!"

1 comment:

Becca Quilts said...

I can't believe how big he is. This post brought tears to my eyes. He's grown so much in these 5 years.