Sunday, January 16, 2011

Aquatic Therapy

I can only find one of my aquatic therapy pictures and it isn't loading. I don't know what's up with it. But Dillon is doing great! Every week she does better and better. The therapits has said a few times that she didn't think he would do this well. He tried to turn over in the water (rolling in the water is easier than on land, plus we help once he raises his arm to indicate he wants to). She put a mesh bag on one leg so he would get more input from the water on that leg and be thinking about it, while we were actually stretching the other leg.

I am so pleased with Dillon, I can't believe how well he is doing in there! I have always known he loves the water, but I am thrilled to learn how to use his love for water to help him!

Make a Wish has approved Dillon for an endless pool so we can do therapy with him every day! I am so excited! The only hang up is they don't pay to have it installed or the sunroom/enclosure needed so he can use it year round. So Josiah and I are trying to figure out what to do in that area. I am so thankful we will be able to do this therapy with him... soon... hopefully!

No comments: