Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 6 at CHOP

Still here! Unfortunately....

Day 6 was uneventful. Dillon is doing well. They took blood from him and had PT and OT come see him. He had to go from 36ml down to 30ml an hour for his food because he continues to vomit. Tomorrow morning at 10:15 he is scheduled for the upper GI. From there we will hopefully know what we need to do to help his aspirations. From my view point I think the best answer will be to do laparoscopic surgery and fix his nissen. I don't know if that is going to be possible or not, but that is what I think is the best long term solution and am praying toward that end. However, God knows what I don't and we do want to pray that God's perfect Will will be done for Dillon in this situation.

I am so thankful for the many wonderful friends we have that are helping with Jay and Truett while we are up here. It is making this so much less stressful! I am so glad they are able to go to our friend’s house and have fun each day instead of going crazy up here with me! :o)

I am also thankful for the visit from one of Dillon's nurses today and from the clinical care coordinator from one of the agencies. It is nice to have some people to talk to.

They said on rounds today to plan to be here till Wed or Thursday. :o(

Thank you for prayers! We appreicate them and know God hears. God has protected him every step of the way. Even though I don't like being here I am so thankful Dillon is stable - at least I am not worried if he is going to make it or not. And in this place that is something you don't take lightly. I'm sure there are many parents right now who are in that very situation. Will you stop and pray for the other kids up here too? God knows and loves each and every little child in this hospital.

No comments: