Monday, October 15, 2007

4th Birthday!

Today is my "spiritual birthday". If you don't know what I mean by that I will explain. It was four years ago today that I sat in church next to Anne during special services. Our Assistant Pastor told his story and it changed my life forever. I realized that I had always had a "belief in God" but that it was never personal. For the first time I saw I had sinned against God, I have told lies, I have had angry thoughts against people (which God says is the same as committing murder in the heart), etc. I saw that I was wicked. I saw that I needed Christ's blood to cleanse me of my sins. I cried to God and asked him to forgive me of my sins, to be Lord of my life. From that moment on, God was the Lord of my life. I have tried to turn from sin (doesn't mean I've never sin again, just means that I do not sin willingly. When I do sin, I try to ask forgiveness right away and do not want to continuing sinning.) Having Christ to fully rely on is the only way I have made it this far with Dillon. As I have said before, I know Dillon will one day be healed. He will walk and talk and he will be like that for eternity! The only way I will be able to see him like that for eternity is because of turning from sin and turning to Christ as I did four years ago today. If this is something you have not done...if you can't put a time and place on a timeline of your life as to when you were "saved" then chances are you just have a "belief" like I did for so many years that will NOT make you acceptable in God's eyes. If you have not turned from sin and turned to God you will not see Dillon healed, you will be in Hell instead of in Heaven with him. God is just, He cannot let people into Heaven just because they are "sorry" they need to turn to him, turn away from sin, turn away from having control over your life and give it to God.
PLEASE email me if you want to know more. It would make Dillon's suffering worth it if YOU were able to spend all eternity in Heaven instead of HELL!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Spiritual Birthday! Four years, huh??? Wow... that went fast!

Kristi said...

Amen! Happy Spiritual Birthday to you.

~Kristi