Thursday, October 25, 2007

James 1:5

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
What a promise! If we lack wisdom God will give it to us if only we ask! When you take the verse in context - there are just so many "gold nuggets" I have to put all the verses in.
James 1:1-8

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Yesterday started off with Dillon being more awake then I have seen him in a long time. The speech therapist came and he was "walking" (he moves his legs but doesn't really bend the knee so it looks like he is walking while laying down). He seemed extra sensitive to the vibrator - we thought this was due to his alert state of mind. His heart rate started going high and no matter how I comforted him or repositioned him it wouldn't come down. So we pretty much stopped therapy and just let him calm down. Dillon then started moving as he does when he wants to be on his belly. I helped him roll over. He Started lifting his head and dropping it very fast and was turning his head from side to side. As first I thought, WOW this is great. Then as it continued I started to fear. (I know, I know.... don't say it!) But I started to wonder if it was a seizure. As it went on and on I called Josiah at work. He told me to call the doctor. So I did. His answer? Was he less responsive then normal? Baseline responsiveness for Dillon is next to nothing so it is impossible to tell. So basically, he can't tell me one way or another for sure. The doctor thinks it was a seizure (which means it lasted about 45 minutes!) I am not too sure. The physical therapist came right before the doctor called. After the call we moved him to his back again and he was kicking his legs a little, stretching, holding the vibrator, etc. The rest of the day he seemed "with it" more than he has in a long time. Now the PT told me not everyone is tired after a seizure, even this long of one. So I have no idea if Dillon had a 45 minute seizure of if he was actually just moving. I have been doing leg PT with him 6-7 times a day for the last week and a half, so maybe it is just helping. I feel ridiculous. I pray and pray for him to move more and then when he does I am terrified it was a seizure! So this is why James 1:1-8 was on my mind this morning - we need wisdom! There is no way for me to know what is happening in Dillon's brain - only God knows. He is in control, He can give us the wisdom to know what to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a blessing to have the assurance that our God knows and we can cling to HIM. Have a good day with the boys. Praying for you. Love, Mom K.