Sunday, September 28, 2008

Updates

Sorry its been a while, here is a quick update

  • Dillon has been doing great! NO seizures since the tubes went in his ears on Tuesday Sept 16, so 13 days with no seizures!!! Praise God!!! His breathing is ok, he is needing oxygen off and on but isn't doing well with CPAP at night. It makes him really mad and he gets all sweaty trying to get away from it so when we don't have nurses we just use oxygen so he will sleep and we can sleep.
  • We have nurses starting again - slowly. This week I will have Mon, Thurs and Fri during the day and at least Thurs and Sat nights. I may have more of the nights, but I will find out tomorrow. Pray these nurses will stay!!!!
  • My mom had surgery on Friday and is doing well, she should leave the hospital tomorrow but will have 6-8 weeks recovery so please pray for strength and a quick recovery for her.

Ready for a blessing??!!?!

My mom had a sleep study done last week. She gave one of the men (not sure doctor or nurse) Dillon's story and he said he is a born-again Christian. He wanted to give the story to his coworkers who he had been witnessing to and to a family he knew with two autistics children and to someone he knew with a brain injury. Is this the blessing? Well yes, but it gets better!! She also gave the story to one of the nurses named Heather. Heather came back in in the morning and told my mom that she asked God to forgive her of her sins! My mom asked if she knew she would go to heaven now when she dies. Heather said yes. My mom asked, How do you know? Heather said, well those verses in the book they were promises, is promise the right word? They were promises from God to me.

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

To the best we can tell, there will be one more soul in Heaven, one less soul in Hell for all of eternity, because of the life God has called Dillon to have! I always said if there was one person who got saved as a result of this, it would be worth it...well it has happened! Please pray for Heather. My mom called back to the hospital and asked her charge nurse to give her my name and number, but I don't know if the nurse did or not. Pray for her that she will contact us or get involved with a good church some where.

What a blessing!!! You never know when someone is ready to be won to the Lord!

4 comments:

Anne said...

So doesn't that make *two* people who have come to know the Lord as a result of Dillon's life?!? Wasn't there a man that Mrs. Kuenzi gave Dillon's Journey to in WV?

We're praying for you dear friend!!! I really wish I could be there with you and help out with your little guys on the move! Dillon's doing GREAT!

Tiffany said...

Yes you're right! I almost forgot! EVEN BETTER! AMEN! :oD

We miss you too, but we know God is really using you in Thailand!

sbcjr said...

Praise the Lord!!! That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD! "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, ..." Luke 15:7a "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Luke 15:10b Likewise, there is joy down here!!
Praying for you all.
Love, Mom K.