Tuesday, January 20, 2009

With Broken Hearts....

A lot has been happening the last few weeks in our lives, most of which I will not go into. But the result was we have resigned membership at our church. Josiah has been there for around 19 years and I have been there 6 years. I got saved during Bro Edminston's preaching and Bro. Reeder's testimony there. I met my husband there. We were married there. Dillon was born there. We wept with friends and survived the NICU while there. JayDonn was born there and we rejoiced with everyone there. I have met so many good friends there. I love the people there so much. Unfortunately, we saw some sin going on and after many attempts to have this sin dealt with - it was not. Therefore, after spending much time in prayer, reading our Bibles, fasting, and seeking Godly counsel, we have decided it was time for us to move on and serve God in another church.

God has become more real to me in the last few weeks than He ever was before. I was praying for Him to intervene so that things could be made right with everyone and God, I was searching the scriptures to see if there was wickedness in my heart. I saw my husband, my friend, and myself all repent of sins to the person we hurt. God brought a revival to our hearts! Even though it had to come because of a hard time. I think true revival does come in hard times, because it is THEN that we see how dependant we are on God and we turn to Him for the answers. A friend wrote a song with these words (almost exact not sure if 100% exact though); “If I never faced a rain storm, I would never seek for shelter. If I never had a problem, Lord, I would never seek you for an answer.” Praise the Lord His Word holds the answer! Praise the Lord He hears our prayers! Praise the Lord He never left me even when I felt so sad and cried at the friendships I might lose. He is faithful, He is just, and if we will take the step of faith and obey what He has told us to do – He will take care of us.


We love the people there and will miss them all greatly. For all you at church who are so faithful to read about Dillon and JayDonn, please do not stop. I still want to hear from you, I still want to know about how your families are doing. God has clearly directed us away at this time, but we hold no anger, bitterness, or hard feelings against anyone there. We are leaving with broken hearts, but we are trusting God as we take this next step. We are excited to see how God is going to use us from here.

(I also wanted to Praise the Lord for this- Our night nurse's daughter did NOT die! She had surgery and isn't doing great but is slowly getting better from what I understand! Pray we can be a witness to him at this time.)

11 comments:

Kay said...

It is SO HARD to leave..... I totally get that. I really hope you and Josaiah find a great church though! Your kiddos are super cute and I love reading your Dillon updates! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Dido and Amen, Tiffany. Keep standing strong on the Word of God! KS

Anonymous said...

indeed, its hard, i know what it is becouse i had to 2 years ago go through the same thing in a very similar way as yours, but God is good and He is holy and i understood that God's holyness can not be compromise with anything, anyways, its hard to start all over, but even though its hard to believe it at first, later we realize whats ahead is far better, like the bible says " the best is yet to come " . God bless you , and Josiah and your beatiful babies!

Barbie

Anonymous said...

Well, Tiff, I know the deep struggle that both you and Si went thru in this matter. I am so very proud ( in a right way ) of the stand that you both took in this matter. I KNOW that you and Si followed the Bible in handling the matter. Also it makes me glad to see that there are some in the "younger" generation that are willing to take/make that hard stand for the Lord. I am very proud of you both

Grandpa Schnarr

Anonymous said...

Gal. 6:1 ¶ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1Thes. 1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you during this time and I know there are many who are rejoicing that you took a stand for truth. You guys have been blessed to have seen the truth and have the opportunity to move forward for the Lord. Continue looking to Christ and he will guide you. This is an exciting time in your lives!! -Ezra and Gina

Anonymous said...

Tiff and Josiah: My husband and I are praying for you that God will lead the way to find a new church that glorify HIM above all. We'll do the same coz you know my situation. LOve you and the boys!
Regards, Jety

Guy Beaumont said...

We are praying for you and your family. Taking a stand for right is never popular or easy.
Whether it's in your family, your job or church-it's never easy.
Cling to God, trust in Him and never undo in doubt what you did in faith.

Anonymous said...

Josiah and Tiffany,
We are so grieved by the problems at LVBC. Proverbs 14:34b says "sin is a reproach to any people." We continue to pray for all the present and former beloved brethren at LVBC, the testimony of our Lord in the Lehigh Valley and for you as you continue on for our Saviour and Lord.
I Corinthians 16:13-14 "Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. Let all your things be done with charity."
We love you. Dad and Mom K.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine says "Right is always right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it. God bless you for taking a stand for what is right.

Anonymous said...

Josiah and Tiffany, It is with deep regret that I am writing this. We will miss you both terribly. Josiah, we will never be thankful enough that you helped us move. We had no idea of the torment you were going through. We pray for your well being and your family. I will miss seeing JayDonn. He has an incredible smile and Dillon--I can't say enough what a blessing he is. I hope someday God brings you back to our church.
God Bless All of you.
Lou and Shirley Fenstermkaer