Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Poor Bambi!!


Last night on my way home from BI class, I hit a deer on the highway. This is the first time I have ever hit an animal. I was in the left lane and she was all the way next to the cement barrier. I tried to slow down and she tried to run back across, but unfortunately she ran right into my van. I thought I killed her for sure. I got home and went to open my door to get out and could barely squeeze out it, apparently the broken fender is pushed back into the door so it won't open right. The hood is bent up a little and the headlight and side are messed up. Dillon, JayDonn, and I are fine though. Josiah and I went back to see if we could find the deer, but she was no where to be found. She must have gone deep enough in the woods that Josiah couldn't see her. I am sure she died as I know I hit her head right in the middle if the van. Praise the Lord she rolled down the side instead of coming over the windshield. On our way home, Si had to hit his brakes hard as there were three more and one was starting to walk down onto the highway. I am waiting today to hear from the insurance people so it can be taken into a body shop.

That was an adrenaline rush I could have done without!!

No comments: