Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Possible Treatment?

I found this treatment in a magazine Dillon's vision therapist gave me. I am NOT saying this is something we are going to do, but I know family and friends like to know what I am looking into as far as treatments (since you all know this seems to be a favorite past time of mine - seraching for new ideas to help Dillon).

www.thejennyrosecenter.com Shows a little of what it is. Basically, you go into a tube for either 1 hour once a day for 40 days or 1 hours twice a day for 20 days. In this tube is 100% oxygen (room air is about 21%). This is supposed to help the brain and the cells. I am trying to do more reseach as at this Jenny Rose Center the treatments are $110 per treatment (total $4,400... I have seen that they tend to range from $150-$1,000 per treatment) so I want to know as much as possible about the research behind it. I know many people don't need to or have the time to look at these sites, but here they are for my future reference and for anyone who would like to look at it. The Jenny Rose Center is about 1.5 hours from me, I am also trying to see if I can find it closer to me.

Talking about CP children studied:
http://www.drcranton.com/hbo/hbo_proven_to_benefit_cp.htm

This one gives a basic intro to it including what it feels like for the person and talks about some of the side effects:
http://www.drcranton.com/hyperbar.htm

Research studies with neurological problems:
http://www.drcranton.com/hbo/hbotneurocond.htm

This one has the risks (scroll about half way down)
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/317/7166/1140

If anyone has heard of this, knows where I can get it locally, knows anyone who has done it, or anything that might be helpful please let me know.

1 comment:

Dear Abbi said...

I didn't check out all of those links, but I have read about the benefits of hyperbaric therapy for a multitude of treatments.

St. Lukes/Allentown has a hyperbaric department, so I would assume some of the other local hospitals do as well, seeing as SLAC is a "small" hospital compared to the others.

I hope you find some answers!