Friday, November 28, 2008

Just for Fun....

I never do these things when they are emailed to me, but I saw this on my friend's blog (Anne) and since I have a few spare minutes I thought I would do it.

Bolded are the things AI have done:
1. Started your own blog Back in 04 with Josiah
2. Slept under the stars My family used to go camping a lot - although I was under a tent - same difference
3. Played in a band In 7th grade I joined band played a little with them and didn't learn a thing!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity Does Faith promise count? If so I did this and it was amazinf how God provided it every time so I guess I really COULD afford it...
7. Been to Disneyland/world I was 13, we went to go visit my natural grandma. We had only met her one time before this - my mom is adopted
8. Climbed a mountain In Alaska when my sister and I went to seee some friends
9. Held a praying mantis We had a couple in our house last year
10. Sang/played a solo The only solo I have ever sung was at my sister's graduation party - I sang "Friends are freinds forever"
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables Tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in Franc
e20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight Of course! Also a lot of water fights!
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort Of course - we lived near Pittsburgh when I was little so we had lots of snow!
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - The year Josiah and I were engaged we sat outside on his birthday (December 14th) and watched the sun rise together. How romantic - and cold!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person Several times - my family used to go there for my sister's birthday
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community Yup many times, my grandparents used to have a camp for Missionaries in an Amish community so I would spend the week with them - even been on a horse and buggy ride. Plus we live about 30 minutes from one so we have been there many times.
36. Taught yourself a new language Does Medical language count? If not - then no.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied When I was single and didn't have kids to worry about, I would work and save and I was just fine.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing Sort of - Josiah and I went to Cooper's Rock in August there are tons of huge rock to climb on - I don't think that is what this meant. But I have done rock climb walls....
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - two times people have done this for US because of Dillon though...
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight We went to NC when I was a teen and my sister and I and our friends would go out walking
46. Been transported in an ambulance 3 times with Dillon I think, Josiah went once with him
47. Had your portrait painted Does the character things at amusement parks count? If so I think I was 14 for it.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person5
0. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain Of course!
53. Played in the mud Where we lived growing up the court yard in between town houses was low in the middle so we would run and slide and see who could go the farthest!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie Only a couple of times, the last one was before I got saved or right after
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business EcoQuest - failed. Pre-Paid Legal - failed. Tiffany's Treats - doing well. I sell about 3-4 cookies everyday after school!
58. Taken a martial arts class My dad taught us some when we were younger
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies yup. I love thin mints and samolias (sp?)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason My husby is so sweet - if you go back on my blog you will see the ones he sent me for no reason. He did buy me some about 2 weeks ago too!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check Don't remind me!!!
68. Flown in a helicopter I NEED to do this before the time may come that Dillon needs to go by helo or they won't let me go with him!!!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy Maybe it would be better written sav ed childhood TOYS
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt A neighbor lady when I was growing up in PA used to do this and she let us help her sometimes
73. Stood in Times Square Yup I was pregnant with Dillon and this was the time when Ezra and Gina got engaged!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Sorry Josiah - yes I have been on a speeding motorcycle. Thankfully he doesn't normally speed - when I am on it.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - I am working on that right now!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper I am sure it was in there a few times for school choir, play honor society those types of things
85. Read the entire Bible Not as many times as I would have liked
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life I think there have been many occasions where Dillon would have died already...
90. Sat on a jury I wanted to and was called for it but they didn't make me because Dillon was about 3 months old
91. Met someone famous I shook President Bush's hand, and talked for a minute or two with Mrs. McCain, and for my older readers I think his name was Gorgeous George. (Grandpa - is that right?) I can't think of anyone else.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one I have two little sisters in Heaven. Danielle (would be18 years old - still born at 6 or 7 months) and Katharina (would be 16 lived born at 2 pounds something lived only 2 days)
94. Made a baby Two beautiful Boys. Well God made them and He made them both perfect!
95. Seen the Alamo in person Last Christmas after Ezra and Gina's wedding right before we were flying back home
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit We are still in process with the law suit over what happened with Dillon's birth
98. Owened a cell phone I have! My first one was when I was about 16, I currently don't have one though - costs too much since I don't use it that often
99. Been stung by a bee Ouch! Haven't been stung since I was little though.


There that was fun. 42 of the 99 and I'm only 23! Maybe I can accomplish this whole list before I get too old. (I'll skip the skinny dipping and the killing and eating an animal though!) We are at Mom and Dad K house. Mom K is working, Hannah is working, Dad, Josiah and Jay went to the store, waiting for Dad and Mom S to arrive in a few hours - so I had a minute to do this. It is just Dillon and I making (late) lunch.