Tuesday, August 25, 2009

LAST STEM CELLS!!!

Dillon finished his last stem cells today!



Getting the IV

Here come the stem cells!

Pray they will help Dillon!

Max is one of the translators and was playing with JayDonn today…



Max and Jay


Pauline (on th left - head nurse) and Lili (on the right)


One of the waitresses from upstairs

Sweet and sour pork - it was pretty good!



Our favorite food - fried rice with egg it is only about .50 for this whole bowl!

I went out all by myself today after Dillon’s stem cells. I got a taxi and everything. They dropped me off on the side of the street and I had to walk in the tunnel that is under the road to get to the store I wanted. I shopped, negociated prices and everything, alone. Then I walked back under the tunnel and went to McDonald’s. It was the first beef we have had since we got here 27 days ago. It tasted so good! And I don’t normally think McD tastes good at all! I got a picture of it for my sister (who manages an McD)…. I didn’t take a picture inside but I did get a little video I will send you when I get home.



McDonald's

Tomorrow we are leaving by 8 to go drive around the countryside. I can’t wait! I think it will be so neat to see some of China other than the small part of the city where we are. The doctor is going to do Dillon’s acupuncture before we go.
I know I am starting to understand life here a little more for a few reasons:
1. I can cross the streets without having a heart attack now.
2. I can ride in a taxi without having a heart attack and/or having to close my eyes.
3. I can go shopping and negotiate prices by myself (I use pen and paper but I think I know my numbers 1-99 IF they would say it slow enough).
4. I don’t care as much that people are staring at me. I know why I am here, I know where I am going, I know how to go where I want to go so I am more confident and it doesn’t bother me as much that they look at me.
5. When the lady from Romina - who speaks NO Chinese and very very very little english - was holding the door for me yesterday I said “Xie xie” Which is thank you in Chinese!
As much fun as I am having here, and even though I am going to miss everyone… I can’t wait to see you all soon!

No comments: